Skiing VS. Snowboarding

Ski-vs-Snowboard

Mom:  My Purpose is to convince Nash that Snowboarding is a lot more fun than Skiing!

Nash: To convince my Mom that skiing is much better than snowboarding

Mom-reason: The first reason is that the boots for snowboarding are so much easier and comfortable to walk in than ski boots.

Mom-example:  when you are walking from the parking lot to the lodge or the lodge to the chair lift–you are wearing super stiff, plastic, uncomfortable boots–and they are not easy to walk in.

Nash-reason: For instance you do not have to take off your ski every time you get on the lift or stop moving

Nash-example: Snowboarders have to undo one of their bindings when they stop moving

Mom-reason:  Most importantly snowboarding is like surfing on the snow.

Mom-example:  Skiing is fun but it is more like walking–snowboarding is an awesome, smooth feeling.

Nash-reason:  Most importantly you can land jumps better on ski’s

Nash-example: It is like landing on your feet only easier–because of the ski blades.

Mom-conclusion: I have only given a few of the MANY reasons snowboarding is the best!!

Nash-conclusion: As you can see I have only given you a few reason’s why skiing is WAY better !!

Mom:  “Did I convince you?”

Nash: “Nope!”

Mom: ” same over here”

What is your favorite out of the two?

5 thoughts on “Skiing VS. Snowboarding

• March 9, 2016 at 9:42 pm
    Permalink

Dear Nash and Tiffany,
    I LOVE this opinion post! I laughed all the way through it. I could hear your conversation all through your writing. I especially loved your ending. My favorite out of the two is….skiing. It’s only because I’ve never snowboarded. Nash, have you ever snowboarded?

Happy Trails,
    Mrs. Fordyce

Reply
  • March 9, 2016 at 10:02 pm
    Permalink

Dear Nash & mom,
    I really like your Argument. Hmmmm, I am going to go wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith snowboarding.

I really your post.
    From Will***

Reply
  • March 31, 2016 at 2:24 pm
    Permalink

Hello Nash!
    This Sabrina from http://sabrinaonlineb.edublogs.org/ and I live in Canada.
    I like skiing more than snowboarding because I never snowboarded before. I never went down hill skiing but I did cross country skiing. All though I took lessons with my cousins when I was younger. I find the shoes comfortable and it is fun to do. I really liked your opinion post.
    But I was wondering why did you do Skiing vs. Snowboarding?
    Nice post!
    Sabrina

Reply
  • March 31, 2016 at 7:42 pm
    Permalink

Hi Nash, I’m Stefano Online from http://stefanoonlinep.edublogs.org/. I prefer skiing to snowboarding. Although I have never actually tried snowboarding. I think I might like it if I tried but not as much as skiing. Do you think you would ever want to try snowboarding and if you would, do you think you would like it?
    -Stefano

Reply
  • May 27, 2016 at 1:44 pm
    Permalink

Hi Nash I’m Derek. I like skiing because I have skied for about 2-3 years, and since I was really good at skiing my mom said I should try snowboard since I’m really good at skiing, and I actually thought that I loved snowboarding because like you said its like your surfing in snow, and you can almost skate like a skater with one binding in, that’s how you move from place to place, and if you have an older sibling and they are skiing and your snowboarding give them your poles if you have any, and then you can pull them. I wonder if you could try snowboarding, its a risk because their are some mountains I go to that say Caution May Cause Serious Injury And Even Possible, Death but I have never broke anything skiing or snowboarding so yea you should try snowboarding. I wonder if you could make a post about your favorite one skiing or snowboarding? and which one I think is the best is, is snowboarding, and when I snowboard I go to Liberty Mountain Situated on 275 acres near the Catoctin Mountains, this resort is 5.9 miles from Emmitsburg and 10.3 miles from historic Gettysburg.

Modern rooms, some with balconies, feature free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, and mountain or golf-course views. A suite has a living room, mini fridge, microwave, and 2-person whirlpool tub.

Free perks include a hot breakfast buffet and parking. There’s meeting space. Ski access is on-site, along with 15 lanes for snow tubing and an 18-hole golf course. An outdoor pool, a tavern, a restaurant and a tiki bar (some open seasonally) are available. The main lodge has a large deck for functions. Follow Me At http://blog.elanco.org/hockha73t/

Reply